Believe you can and you're halfway there.
Theodore Roosevelt
My most passionate hope for my future as an early childhood professional is to help children believe that they can be anything they dream they can be. Regardless of diversity, they can dream big and overcome any obstacles in their way. I also hope that the early childhood field embraces anti-bias education and anti-bias thinking when working with children and their families.
I would like to thank my instructor, Dr.Tammy Shepard for her input in the discussions. I learned a great deal, especially the links that she posted in the discussions. Thank you for all of your support.
I also would like to thank my colleagues. As usual, you were very supportive. I have had many courses with these colleagues since the beginning of my program. I always look forward to reading and discussing many issues with you. Thank You.

Marla, your hope for education as a whole to embrace anti-bias education is a great hope! I agree that more professionals, no matter what they do, should be more aware of issues of diversity and the effects they have on children. It was great learning with you and hope to keep in contact for continued support. Thanks for sharing your hopes for the future. Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteMarla, I believe we are the seeds being placed in our schools or programs to help spread the need for anti bias education. Thank you for your weekly comments on various topics. Best wishes to you in your next course and in your career.
ReplyDeleteHeather
I love your quote by Roosevelt...that says so much! I think it is up to us to help all children feel that they can succeed and overcome anything laid out in front of them.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all your wonderful posts during this course! Best luck in your future journey.