Friday, May 27, 2011

Words of Wisdom, Inspiration, and a Few Facts from the Early Childhood Field

Dr. Stanley Greenspan on Self-Esteem: “In order to feel good about himself, a child must be successful in his own eyes, not just in your eyes. Self-esteem is an inner feeling: Sometimes it corresponds with outer reality, and sometimes it doesn't.”

Aisha Ray: "Only 12% of early childhood teachers courses address diversity." 

Louise Derman-Sparks:  “I had, I think, a built in passion that it was important to make a real contribution to the world and to fix all the injustices that existed in the world.” 
Raymond Hernandez MS Ed:  “I think my passion comes from wanting to make a difference.”  “I truly believe that I am not here to save the world, I’m here to just make a difference in the community I am working.”

3 comments:

  1. I love the quote by Dr. Stanley Greenspan. I think that all children need to be praised in what they do, but they also need to praise them self. Self-esteem is so imporant for children and adults and I wish that there was a way to teach children how to have self-esteem. I know that it would have helped me when I was younger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quote from Raymond Hernandez is inspiring. It is not what we do to save the world at large but what we do in the corner of our world that makes the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all here to make a difference. It does not matter what we do, what matters is who we touch.

    ReplyDelete