This is a recent picture of my dad and my sister.
My special people in my life are:
My dad-My father was the calm in my life in a very chaotic household. He was always there for me, took me everywhere, car pooled me around, introduced me to miniature golf, took me to the grocery store with him, went with me to open my first savings account. I could talk to him about anything. He always made me feel that I could do anything. My dad is 80 years old and lives in Michigan and I still can call him up and talk about anything. He is very proud of me and lets me know that. He says to me, "I have to really hand it to you, you are ambitious." The words I will never forget that he said to me was when I was 20 years old and moving to Florida, he said don't ever feel like you are trapped there, if things don't go well, call me and I will get you home. Well, things did not go well and sure enough he made arrangements for me to come home.
My sister Tobi-She is 6 years older than me and when I was growing up, she took good care of me, she was my protector in the house. Our rooms were right next to each other and when my mom was in one of her moods, she would call me into her room and teach me things, like colors, letters, reading and we would ignore everything else. When I was 12, she went away to college and I cried. She always showed me she cared. We went through some fighting as we got older, but now we are closer than anything. She is not only my sister but one of my best friends. She also lives in Michigan, but are still close, we call or text almost every day. She is the first person I call when I have something exciting to share or any problem that I have. She always encourages me and helps me believe in myself.

Marla, I love your blog. I love the fact that your sister and yourself are best friends, even though you may have some differences when you got older. It is great to have a sister that encourages you.
ReplyDeleteMarla, It sounds like your father and sister were a great support system for you. I love how your father was very supportive of you and let you know that he would be there for you and that you were not trapped. I can imagine my father in the same situation and just telling me, "I told you so" when something didn't go right.
ReplyDelete